The Downtown Alameda Business Association is comprised of BIA Members (businesses located within the Park Street Business Improvement Area) and Associate Members.
Businesses located within Park Street BIA boundaries are automatically members of the Downtown Association.
The Downtown Alameda Business Downtown Association was formed in 1981 by community leaders and downtown business owners to help businesses in the downtown area compete with the growing competition from malls and shopping centers. The boundaries of the downtown area roughly include Park Street from San Jose Ave to Blanding Ave, and the side streets between Oak Street and Broadway. All businesses in the downtown area are automatically BIA members of the Downtown Alameda Business Association. The assessment fee is due at the same time as the business license fee.
BIA members have the special privilege of voting on issues put to the general membership. They may also be elected to the Board.
Businesses operating inside Alameda but located outside the Downtown boundaries may become Associate Members.
Downtown Alameda is the commercial, cultural, and civic center of our community and a draw for both residents and visitors. Promoting a healthy retail/service climate in our downtown district benefits the entire community. Our Associate Membership program allows businesses operating in other parts of Alameda to support our mission while taking advantage of member benefits and a variety of marketing opportunities.
Become a member of Alameda's downtown business community! Download an application.
- Free listing on the Downtown Association website with description of your business and link to your website
- Invitation to our membership mixers
- Marketing and sponsorship opportunities
- Opportunities to promote your special events and offers via our website, newsletter, and social networks
- Discounted group advertising rates with local newspapers and other media
- Access to other promotional opportunities negotiated by the Downtown Association on your behalf, as they become available
- Monthly email newsletter and other updates related to doing business in Alameda
- Opportunities to get involved with the Downtown Association’s committees and roundtables
Members interested in becoming involved with any of the Downtown Association’s many activities should contact Aviva Kellman, Membership & Events Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.