About Downtown Alameda
Downtown Alameda is a vibrant and historic business district with a modern vibe.
It's a great hangout spot for families and for people of all ages. Our large selection of restaurants offer international and local fare. We're also known for our unique retail shops, including antique stores and consignment boutiques.
From restaurants and ice cream spots, to gift stores and family entertainment centers, there's something for everyone in Downtown Alameda's Historic Park Street District. We hope you stop by for a stroll!
About the Downtown Alameda Business Association
The Downtown Alameda Business Association is hard at work year-round with our 470+ members and district visitors in mind. First formed in 1981, we serve as a support network and advocate for businesses operating in the Historic Park Street Business Improvement Area. Our goal is to develop an economically prosperous district that is family-friendly, clean, green, and safe.
The Downtown Alameda Business Association is a 501(c)6 organization.
What We Do
- Coordinate on- and off-island promotions.
- Produce long-standing annual events that bring thousands of visitors to the district.
- Work with City to host programs such as Alameda Restaurant Week, Mini Maker Faire, and informative workshops.
- Advocate for and work with member merchants on important business issues.
- Communicate district news, activities, and business opportunities to our members.
- Host complimentary member events.
If interested in becoming involved with any of the Downtown Association’s many activities, please contact our office.