Fun for the Whole Family!
Art • Crafts • Food • Beer, Wine and Mimosas • Live Music • Kids' Area • Bounce Houses • Entertainment
The Downtown Alameda Spring Festival is a Mother's Day tradition in the San Francisco Bay Area. The popular street fair takes place on Park Street each year during the second weekend in May.
Bring mom and the whole family to Alameda’s celebration of spring during Mother’s Day weekend. Take a stroll through Downtown Alameda's Historic Park Street District and check out the fantastic variety of food and beverages, arts and crafts booths, live music, as well as a play area for kids.
With over 150 artisans and more than 50 unique shops, this is a perfect place to find a gift for Mom. Or bring Mom to the festivities and treat her to a mimosa and lunch.
The Downtown Alameda Spring Festival has something for everyone and is FREE to attend!
Vendors and Musicians:
Interested in being a vendor or performer at our street fairs? Click Here to apply.
Interested in volunteering at the Spring Festival? Click Here
For sponsorship opportunities and other information, please call (510) 523-1392 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Downtown Alameda's 20th Annual Spring Festival
** 2020 Event is CANCELED **
Come see what's new at the Spring Festival and stay to enjoy all that Downtown Alameda has to offer!
Arts & Crafts... Stroll among 150 arts and craft booths with items ranging from ceramics and metal art to paintings, photography, wood crafts, toys, handbags, clothing, jewelry, and more.
Live Entertainment... Each day offers continuous live entertainment on THREE stages with talented musicians performing classic rock, bluegrass, fusion jazz, funk, and other favorites.
Alameda Alley... An expanded area on Central Avenue will be packed with a local stage rich with local talent, an enlarged outdoor dining area, and fun activities.
Kids’ Zone... A special area for kids and their families on Alameda Avenue features bounce houses, face painting, bungee jumping, climbing wall, train ride, and WaterBallerz! Kids and adults alike will also have fun watching puppet shows and listening to musical performances.
Festival Food... Satisfy your taste buds with a festival food favorites such as Lockeford Sausage, hand dipped corn dogs, fried key lime calamari, curly fries, crab fries, chicken skewers, crepes, kettlekorn, dole whip, and more! Premium vinegars, oils, and flavored nuts will also be available for purchase.
Craft Beer & Wine... For the 21+ crowd, quench your thirst at one of the three beverage booths serving craft beers by Alameda Island Brewing Co., premium wines by Alameda's Rock Wall Wine Company, and bubbly mimosas.
Shop Downtown Alameda... More than 400 shops, restaurants, and services are located in Alameda's historic downtown district. Many will be offering weekend specials during the event.
Free Bike Parking... Secure bike parking will be available in a central location. There couldn't be a better way to experience the festival than before or after a pleasant ride along the charming streets of Alameda.
ATM's and Credit Cards... ATMs Unlimited will have ATM machines in convenient locations throughout the event area. In addition, major credit cards will be accepted at all three beer/wine/mimosa ticket booths.
Public Transit and Parking... Public transit makes it easy and convenient to attend the Downtown Alameda Spring Festival -- AC Transit provides local service plus bus transfers from Fruitvale BART. If you drive, parking is available in the Civic Center Parking Garage and on nearby streets. Getting Here
While at the event, share your photos using hashtags #downtownalameda and #alamedaspringfestival on your favorite social media sites:
Public Notice: Alameda is a smoke-free city. Smoking is prohibited in all public spaces within the commercial district.
Thank you 2020 Sponsors!
Proceeds help keep Downtown Alameda clean, green, and safe. Thanks to our sponsors for supporting this event:
Downtown Alameda's Spring Festival - 2020 Music Schedule
Performers to be announced.
Shop Downtown Alameda! Spring Festival Specials
Stroll through Alameda’s downtown business district to explore the wonderful variety of shops and restaurants. Many of the businesses will be offering weekend specials during the Spring Festival. Look for free drawings and giveaways at businesses throughout the downtown area! Here is a sample list from 2019:
- Alameda Theatre & Cinema Grill (2301 Central Ave) Alameda Cinema Grill is offering Weekend Brunch and special Movie Character Photo Ops. Bring Mom & the kids for a delicious meal and meet your favorite Avenger Super Hero!
- Bead Inspirations (1544 Park Street) Free Earring Workshops throughout the day Saturday and Sunday, with purchase of materials. Czech glass beads: buy one get one free! Mosaico Sterling Silver and Crystal Jewelry 15% off.
- Bonne Vie (1419 Park Street) Treat MOM with a bottle of our finest Rosé for Mothers Day with a 15% weekend discount at Bonne Vie!
- C'Era Una Volta (1332 Park Street at Redwood Square) 2 pizzas @ $25, Saturday only.
- East End (1650 Park Street) Mother's Day brunch is a tradition we can get behind — delicious food and drinks aimed to please the day’s VIP. Chefs Jacob Alioto & Paul Manousos will be cooking up a special menu of shareable dishes for this special day.
- High Scores Arcade (1414 Park Street) Moms can enjoy one hour of free classic arcade gaming for on Mother’s Day! One free admission per mom, child must be present.
- Joona Fabriculture (1419 Park Street Unit D) Replace your tired old furniture foam this weekend at Joona Fabriculture. Offering 15% off all custom foam orders placed this weekend.
- La Penca Azul Taco Bar (2406 Santa Clara Ave) Happy hour 10am-6pm; bring mom to enjoy the best margarita in town!
- Lanvie (1419 Park Street) Lanvie's new design has just arrived... Purchase one item to enjoy 30% off; purchase two items to enjoy 40% off; when you buy more than 3 items, enjoy 50% off.
- PHOENIX (2315 Lincoln Ave) Saturday is our Mother’s Day Market for the whole family. Come support local makers , bakers and artists and shop for mom. Join us from 12pm - 4pm!
- Ozone (1431 Park Street) 10% off all custom skateboards. Buy 2 get 1 FREE all clothing.
- Rhythmix Cultural Works (2513 Blanding Ave) Meet up at Rhythmix on Friday, May 10, 9:00-10:00pm, for a Pre Spring Festival Celebration with live music, kids activities, and an exhibit all about Mom.
- The Hobnob (1313 Park Street) Come enjoy brunch with amazing food and a fully stocked bar. We'll have all you can drink mimosas for $14 from 10:00-2:30pm!
- Tutu Alameda (1419 Park Street) Does your little one love to twirl? Tutu School is a boutique ballet studio for kids ages 18 months to 8 years old, located at Park Street Plaza. Sign up for a FREE TRIAL and enjoy UNLIMITED CLASSES this summer—June, July & August.
Look for the 2020 Spring Festival special offers and happenings to be posted before the event.
Where does the event take place?
Vendor displays are located on Park Street, between Encinal Ave and Lincoln Ave. Additionally, there is a new expanded area on Central Ave called Alameda Alley that features local talent and a large outdoor dining area.
What are the hours of the event?
The event takes place 10:00am - 6:00pm both days.
How do I volunteer for this event?
Volunteers help make the event happen! Volunteers are needed in all areas of operations including beverage booths, volunteer check-in, general operations, Alameda Alley assistance, sponsor hospitality, and flyer distribution. Sign Up Here.
How many arts and crafts vendors are at this event?
Over 150 artisans booths with items ranging from ceramics and metal art to paintings, photography, wood crafts, toys, handbags, clothing, jewelry, and more.
Where are the stages located?
See schedule above for list of times at each of these stages:
> Encinal Ave & Park Street
> Lincoln Ave & Park Street
> Central Ave in the expanded Alameda Alley.
Where are the beer, wine, and mimosa booths located?
> Intersection of Alameda Ave in front of Redwood Square Alley, near Tomatina (1338 Park St.)
> Intersection of Central Ave, near The Star (1400 Park St.)
> Between Times Way and Lincoln Ave, in front of Vietnam House (1527 Park St.)
What beers will be on tap?
We're serving local craft beer favorites from Alameda Island Brewing Company.
What wines will be served?
We're serving locally crafted wine from Rock Wall Wine Company.
Where are the ATM's located?
> In the expanded Alameda Alley area on Central Ave, near Taqueria Viva Mexico.
> In the Kids Zone located on Alameda Ave.
> Within a few feet of each of the three beer and wine sales booths.
Where are the porta-potties located?
> Corner of Encinal Avenue & Park Street by the main stage (one ADA Accessible)
> Fire Department driveway at Encinal Ave and Park Street (one ADA Accessible)
> Kids Area on Alameda Avenue (three regular and one ADA Accessible)
> Municipal Parking Lot A behind Lauren’s Closet (two regular and one ADA Accessible)
> Webb Ave near Habanas Cuban Cuisine (two regular and one ADA Accessible)
> Corner of Lincoln Ave & Park Street by the main stage (one ADA Accessible)
What are recommended public transportation options?
Downtown Alameda is accessible via AC Transit with frequent connections to Fruitvale BART. Ride-share options like taxis, Uber, and Lyft are also terrific resources.
Where can I find parking?
The Civic Center Parking Structure is located at 1416 Oak Street, within easy walking distance of our check-in location. You can also find parking on nearby streets.
I have my own bike, where can I park it?
Free, secure parking is available at a central location near the street fair.
Are dogs allowed?
The festival can get crowded. If you bring your dog, please keep your furry friend on a short leash or carry it. It's best to visit in the morning when it's not as crowded.
I don't like crowds, so when is a good time to visit?
Mornings and early afternoons are best for avoiding the crowds.
I lost my phone/wallet/purse/jacket/other. Do you have a Lost & Found?
Found items will be taken to event headquarters located at 2437 Santa Clara Ave (inside RE/MAX Tribute).
I lost my kid. Where do I go to get help?
Alameda Police Officers are patrolling the event area. If you do not see them, go to the nearest stage or beverage booth to ask for assistance; an event volunteer can contact the police for you. To help locate your child quickly, give the name of your child and describe what he/she is wearing.
I'm volunteering at the event. Where do I check in?
Volunteer check-in and event headquarters is located inside RE/MAX Tribute (2437 Santa Clara Ave).
Is the event a fundraiser?
Yes! Proceeds help keep Downtown Alameda clean, green, and safe for visitors.
Event happens rain or shine!