Look for this summer’s East Bay Express “Best of the East Bay 2018” issue in local newsstands. This year’s results include plenty of old favorites as well as some first-time winners. These Downtown Alameda businesses are among the winners. Congratulations to all!
- High Scores is deemed the Best Place to Relive Your ’80s Childhood. The arcade is chock-full of nostalgia, classic jams on the jukebox, and good old-fashioned low-tech fun.
- The artists at Lucky 13 Tattoos are known for crafting quality tattoos in a welcoming atmosphere and have deservedly earned the reputation as Best Tattoo Parlor.
- Twirl is noted as a favorite for Best Indoor Play Space for Kids. Twirl has created a community hub where groups not only play, create, and explore but share experiences and build friendships!
- With comfy seats and in-theater dining and drinking, the Alameda Theatre & Cineplex offers the Best Luxury Theater Experience in the Bay Area.
- Burma Superstar is hands down the Best Burmese Restaurant in the Bay Area to experience Burmese homestyle cooking and their award winning tea leaf salad. We think the Alameda location is one of the best.
- Peet’s Coffee at the corner of Park Street & Central Ave is one of many locations serving the Best Coffee throughout the Bay Area.
- It’s not enough just to sell bikes. Alameda Bicycle also wants to make sure that the people who buy them use them and enjoy them. This makes them one of Best Bike Shops.
- You’ll find La Penca Azul serving delicious Mexican food and margaritas every day of the week. It’s no surprise that they are considered one of the Best Mexican Restaurants in the East Bay.
View all the results here: www.eastbayexpress.com/oakland/BestOf