Effective December 7, communal outdoor dining areas are closed due to the latest Stay At Home Order.
The businesses in Downtown Alameda are joining together to create safe outdoor spaces for visitors to enjoy, from individual parklets to communal dining areas.
Nearly half of Alameda Avenue is now closed to vehicular traffic to provide an expanded area for outdoor dining. You’re welcome to bring in food and beverages from any of our wonderful downtown eateries.
Here are a few tips to help keep the communal dining space clean and safe for all:
- Order In Advance… consider ordering online or by phone to avoid waiting in line at the restaurants or holding a table.
- Pack In, Pack Out… it’s important that everybody picks up after themselves and leaves the tables clean for the next users; garbage cans are conveniently placed within the area.
- Sanitize, Sanitize… it’s always a good idea to bring your own hand sanitizer when out and about and sharing public spaces.
- Six Feet Rule… remember to maintain a 6-ft distance from those not in your household or “social bubble.”
- Wear a Mask… please wear a face covering when not actively eating or drinking.
- Keep Dogs Close By… we love the company of our furry friends, but ask that dogs are kept on a short leash.
View a running list of downtown restaurants open for take-out: https://downtownalameda.com/open-for-business/
We look forward to providing this open street space as a welcoming resource for our community.